Testing out the Seamwork Bo top

I have had a Seamwork subscription for ages, though I confess that I haven’t made the most of it. Despite loving the patterns, I have always made excuses that I am too busy, but I am trying to make more time for sewing now.

I wanted something quick to run up so looked to the Bo top – I love the look of this oversized top, especially in a sheer fabric. I knew that I would want to lengthen the top – being round of belly I am not comfortable in cropped tops and this top is designed to hit high hip.

I lengthened the front and back pieces by 4 inches, sketching the new pieces onto dotted pattern paper. I made a point to note the size I’d cut out and the adjustment made to the original on the pattern.

There is a lot of fabric in the top even as a cropped top, and I was worried that adding length would make me look like a ship in full sail, so I decided to make a toile before cutting out in proper fabric.

I was pretty happy with the toile – the extra length looked just right and wasn’t too overwhelming. If the muslin wasn’t so see-through the toile would be wearable. The only tweak I will make for the proper version is to make a facing for the neckline instead of using bias binding.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: